How Are You Doing? What’s New?

How are you? How has life changed since the Stay at Home order?

Checking in to see how you are doing and what you’ve been doing during this Stay at Home order. Things are calming down a little as we’ve learned more about the virus and what we need to do in order to flatten the curve, as well as stay safe at home. We’ve also established new routines, which helps calm the chaos. It’s definitely different and sometimes frustrating, but we are adapting.

Do You At Your Fullest
Motivation on the trail

We’ve Made Some Changes
My big running goals have changed into keeping up a solid base and participating in some virtual activities. I'm spending time in my gym, walking Stella and running as much as I can, of course. My key races were postponed, so there’s no reason to keep up with big mileage. I do miss race days, run clubs and running with my training partner, immensely. However, I’m also looking forward to when we can get together again – even if it’s much later this year.


I have more time on my hands, which is odd for me specifically. I work at home, part-time, and haven’t had many assignments in a while. This is partly why I was looking for supplemental part-time work last fall. I wouldn’t think I’d have so much extra time. However, I’m not running to the grocery store every other day or other errands. We aren’t going out for dinner or looking for new breweries to try out either. We aren’t racing locally, traveling to races or visiting family and friends. What a surprise to have extra time when I didn’t think I was that busy before the Stay at Home order.

More Family Time
We obviously have more family time. Every night we have homemade dinners, at the kitchen table, with placemats and conversations about school and work. I put up a card table in our living room for a puzzle we completed over the course of a week or so. I also have art supplies available and the kids found some games. Creative outlets have been entertaining between school and other activities.

Like many people, we have been using Zoom to see our parents and siblings. It’s been nice to get everyone together online since we can’t do it in person. I’m not a big fan of the phone or this kind of face-time, but it really does feel good to see and speak with the family we can’t meet in person.

Checking Things Off the To-Do List
Thank goodness spring is here and we can spend time outside. I’ve been cleaning up the fallen branches and trees out of our tiny forest. Mike built a huge compost area and vegetable garden. We have other outdoor plans, which we should be able to accomplish within this month at home. I cleaned out our camper. I’m optimistic we’ll have a camping season. Until then, I have a place to hide when I need a little peace and quiet!

Big sticks

Little sticks
Mike finished off his game room which was a big construction project. It’s quite a hangout with a fireplace, bar, TV and a table ready for poker players. Until the guys can come over, he and Mikey will keep playing darts.


New Hobbies
My daughter and I have been making face masks, so we are both honing our rookie sewing skills. We were able to make a few, but ran out of supplies quickly. It seems as though the commonly needed products are out-of-stock at most online craft stores or being sold at price-gouging costs online. Once we are restocked, we hope to make more for our friends and the community. We have our sewing station set up in our guest room, so maybe we’ll learn how to sew other things. As long as they involve straight lines.


I hope you are all doing well and staying healthy. I also hope you are developing normalcy with a new routine and enjoying the extra time with your family. Take advantage of the online platforms to keep in touch with your family and friends. I’d love to hear from you too. What are you doing these days? Stay in touch, stay safe and stay strong!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my running journey